Customized Property Management Agreements and Support Documents
With almost 1400 units under management we completely embraced Robert's unbundling strategy (in his PMA agreement) and IT CHANGED EVERYTHING. My staff has estimated that we will collect an ADDITIONAL $650,000 in gross revenue this year from the ideas he shared . . . just in his PMA. We call it PURE ROBERT LOCKE CASH! The revenue started flowing in almost immediately.
In the past six months we completely changed our management program and embraced the Crown documents and systems. We're more profitable, more efficient and more scalable after adopting his strategies and forms. Robert is a big thinker on property management topics. He's obviously had time to think things through and has answers to questions we haven't thought to ask yet. After six short months he has us doing property management very differently. Wish we had met him years ago.
Module # 1
The Property Management Agreement
The documents on this site are the result of a 20 year collaboration between national trainer Robert Locke RMP, MPM and trial attorney Monica Gilroy as Crown Management navigated its way through the legal challenges of managing rentals in Atlanta. Monica’s expertise in real estate litigation (especially landlord/tenant and fair housing disputes) uniquely equipped her to write great PMA’s that managers have been downloading and embracing for years. Over 100 managers (in 17 states) now use these documents and benefit from the experience of Robert and Monica.
For 20 years attorney Monica Gilroy and national trainer Robert Locke RMP, MPM have been developing state specific customized management agreements for Crown and other managers who were interested. The management agreement is the cornerstone of your business as it establishes your management style, lease format, Scope of Service, owner handbook, how safely you’ll operate and how much money you’ll make. It will drive every policy and process you operate by. A properly written PMA will protect you from the hazards of the business and make you scalable and profitable. A poorly written PMA will expose you to risks and prevent you from being scalable and from making the kind of money you should make. Have a customized agreement and you’ll get control of your business, find it simpler to run, have less conflict (litigation) and turn it into a money machine.
Starting with our document (or yours) we’ll help you craft a PMA exactly as it should be with all the CYA protections and revenue-generating strategies you need to become a successful and prosperous manager. We’ll help you shape the agreement to your model and state laws. We don’t leave you alone in this project but partner with you to have a document just as you want to operate and hand hold you through the entire process. We’ve been offering this document online for several years and over 100 managers (in 17 states) have adopted it.
This is much more than just the document. This is 35 years of experience wrapped up in documents (plus training videos) including all the proper disclosures to turn on the revenue streams and turn property management into a Cash Cow, CYA protections and things you didn’t even know you needed (and won’t even think about) until it’s too late.
We have spent tens of thousands of dollars with our lawyer over the last three decades perfecting and revising these documents. They have prevented countless lawsuits and disputes with owners and have made us tons of money (literally millions). You will too if you acquire these documents and put them to work in your business. Or, learn from your own experiences over the next 25 years, make your own mistakes and create your own war stories and documents. The choice is yours.
Our document was originally drafted in the mid 90's by a large prominent real estate litigation firm in Atlanta, Georgia and attorney Monica Gilroy (a landlord/tenant litigator) has been tweaking, editing, updating, revising, and perfecting it for us ever since. Revisions have been driven by the ever changing license law, landlord tenant law, federal and state law and our experiences with over 9,000 tenants. It is undoubtedly the best CYA management agreement you could ever use and full of revenue-generating strategies.
What you get:
1. A fully editable management agreement (PMA) that you will add your name to, make some dollar (and percentage) changes, and be up and running in a couple of hours. view a sample
2. A document to help you fill in the necessary information (the right way) so your final agreement is exactly as it should be. The “Instructions to Adapt the Management Agreement to Your Company” identifies all the blanks to fill in so you don’t miss anything in the agreement to adapt it to your model. view a sample
3. An example PMA completely filled in so you see what it should look like when you’re done.
4. 27 studio-shot training videos (6 to 8 minutes each) covering every detail of the management agreement. View library of videos. This makes great training for your staff so you’re not doing it all yourself.
5. Two one-hour consulting sessions with Robert going over your final document and answering all your questions. You can request these as you’re going through the document or as you finish it.
6. A one hour consulting session with attorney Monica Gilroy who wrote and continues to revise these documents.
You’re not alone in this effort. Our mission is to help you customize this document (or help you tweak yours) to work in your model and in compliance with your state laws. We’ll collaborate with you to make sure it’s exactly what you need to be scalable and profitable in your market.
Think of this as what you might earn leasing two properties. Clients tell us they make up this cost in the first month or two of use because of the revenue streams they discover in the training.
Literally this will MAKE YOU MONEY … NOT COST YOU MONEY.
Module # 2
Housekeeping, Ancillary, Entity Documents
For 20 years attorney Monica Gilroy pushed us into keeping the management agreement short (like six pages) because long documents are hard to defend in court. Some managers think they should have a 10-page PMA plus exhibits, addendums, and incorporate the owner handbook (and company policies) into the original document making defending it quite impossible. There are, however, some critical topics we need to address in detail to set expectations and protect ourselves from owner-driven lawsuits. These stand alone (Housekeeping) documents include such things as a mold disclosure, foreclosure disclosure, lead paint disclosure, trust account disclosure, personal property disclosure, agency disclosure and maintenance processes. Sometimes, when a big topic is addressed in the management agreement, it stretches the document to 10 or 12 pages which is too long. Some management agreements go on for 14+ pages (using type size 8 to fit it all in) and overwhelm owners and are arduous to manage. Long agreements generate too much information (and suspicion) for the owner. A better strategy is to remove some topics from the management agreement and put them on separate pages the owner signs but you don’t (Housekeeping Documents). Occasionally the home has special characteristics like a hot tub, it’s in a HOA community or has a commercial home warranty and you’ll want a special document to address these unique situations (Ancillary Documents). Occasionally the property will be held in a state-sanctioned entity like a Trust, LLC or Corporation and you’ll need an affidavit to pin down the owner hiding behind the curtain so you make sure you’re dealing with the right person (Entity Documents). All of these documents are critical to your protection, will prevent litigation and generate more revenue.
These are CYA documents designed to protect you from the litigation coming your way. They add body armor to your business and keep you from getting sued. Protect yourself from lawsuits with these Housekeeping, Ancillary and Entity Documents.
What you get:
1. Housekeeping Documents: Mold / Mildew / Moisture Disclosure; Establishing & Maintaining the Trust Account; Personal Property Disclaimer; Owner’s Mortgage Disclosure; W-9 Form; Lead Paint and Flood Disclosure; Authorization to Add Agent as an Additional Insured; Property Features; Authorization and Agreement for Automatic Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT/ACH); Maintenance Disclosure; Owner Declaration and Data Schedule; Unenforceable Terms in the Lease Disclosure; New Property Sign Up Tracking Worksheet. Ancillary Documents: Owner’s Homeowner Association Disclosure; Power of Attorney and sample; Modification of Agreement Addendum; Adding a Property to an Existing Management Agreement; Multiple Owner Declaration and Data Schedule; Entity Declaration and Data Schedule; Home Warranty Disclosure and Agreement. Entity Documents: Certification of Trust; Corporation Resolution; Limited Liability Company Affidavit, Limited Partnership Affidavit. All documents come with samples filled out, instructions and video training.
2. 23 studio-shot training videos describing each document and how to use it to protect yourself. Video library of videos.
3. An hour consulting with Robert after you’ve downloaded the documents to address any questions that came up during the video training.
You’re not alone in this effort. Our mission is to help you customized this document (or help you tweak yours) to work in Your Model and in compliance with Your State Laws. We’ll collaborate with you to make sure it’s exactly what you need to be scalable and profitable in your market.
Think of this as what you might earn on one lease fee, or about the cost of 2 hours with a medium-priced attorney. There are several new revenue generators here so you’ll make up the cost in about two or three months.
Literally these documents will MAKE YOU MONEY … NOT COST YOU MONEY.