Corporation Affidavit and Certification of Authority


Every builder, bank, developer, REIT (and many private owners) hold title to their property in a Corporation. It’s your job to get the paperwork right or you’ll pay a price if you skip over this because you don’t know what to do. Require the one claiming to be in charge to complete and execute a corporate resolution. People working out of a corporation know this is expected so don’t disappoint them. They had to execute one of these to open a bank account, get an EIN number and take title of the property. These documents will protect you when things go wrong and they are simple to fill out. Get the person ‘claiming ownership’ (or signing authority) to complete it, execute it, get a witness and notary for your protection and stick it in your file for safe-keeping. You’ll sleep better knowing you have crossed all the t’s and dotted all the i’s.